Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Cause



It is the great Liberal Cause to see to the most vulnerable among us; to promote social and economic justice. It is the great Liberal Charge to facilitate the Working Class; to aid the Middle Class in maintaining its strength and to help the Poor enter the Middle Class via fair wages, the right to organize and the right to fully participate in the franchise and all other rights of a free people in a free society. Liberals do not hold the aforementioned to be contingent upon race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation or economic standing. I have no goddamned idea what a Progressive does because I am a Liberal.

It is time for the Democratic Party to stop hiding behind catchy names and phrases. It is time to step out from behind the shadow of Clinton and Obama; to step into the legacy of FDR, JFK, LBJ, MLK, and Bobby. Enough simpering, whining, and trying to shapeshift into something the Conservative Right might approve of or accept. As my old man used to say, "Put up your dukes. I want a fight, and I'll win it."

I grow sick of moderates. The only thing sitting on the fence gets you is a sore ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment