Friday, April 17, 2015

The Wisdom of the Crone

We all have families; some people like theirs and some people don’t.  Personally, I wouldn't walk across the street to turn the hose on most of my blood relatives if they were on fire.  That is a hard saying, I know, but true none the less.  That doesn't mean that I don’t have a family – I do, a family of choice that I love dearly. 

It is difficult to ascertain after 6 ½ decades of life exactly what permanently polluted and soiled the familial love that society maintains we owe our kin.  In the final analysis, it doesn't really matter.  Suffice it to say that there is a way in which health, even survival, depends upon not exposing oneself to the nightmares of the past in the persona of individual family members. 

I am not given to the slop of sentimentality or what is commonly bleated about as forgiveness.  I find it similar to eating too much chocolate or sitting too long in the cloying scent of the wild honeysuckle.  Sooner or later that which was once pleasantly sweet becomes oppressively sickening.  I am, however, given to a negative turn of mind – a kind of electron psychology.  Accordingly, I see well in the dark and take no responsibility for people who don’t. 

As a devout believer in the Great Goddess and a respecter of the Cosmic Laws of Karma, my single most important duty to others is to never obstruct their path nor allow them to obstruct mine.  It is therefore possible for me to reinvent my life, permanently letting go of the people who no longer encourage my spiritual growth and evolution. 

In more mundane terms those that cause me pain, serving to limit my vision or reinforce destructive ideations that I have worked hard to overcome are not welcome in my life.  To allow them to stay, to solicit or encourage a relationship with such people, blood or no, is not good for their Karma or mine. 


This I believe is Crone wisdom.  To paraphrase the old rock and roll song, if you believe in forever then THIS life is just a one night stand.  If souls are meant to come together throughout eternity, it matters little what physical incarnation one sees again this go around.







No comments:

Post a Comment