Thursday, April 12, 2012

Desperately Seeking Sanity



I have spent many years of my life working in surgery. I have seen every kind of surgery – from eyes to toes, brains to bunions, gunshot wounds to pediatric hearts, and this is what I know. When the surgeon lays the blade and spreads the dermis we all look alike. The color of the underlying tissue is the same, unless diseased. Even then, the same disease will produce roughly the same color in all of us. The organs look the same, unless there is disease or deformity. Once again the same disease or deformity will produce roughly the same appearance in all of us.

In considering the Travon Martin case, 2nd degree murder charge notwithstanding, I am struck by the fact that this child was killed by a man whose conscience was kill by a philosophy of hate, bigotry and indifference to life. That philosophy itself is supported by heinous gun laws and cruel racial profiling. All of this founded upon a skin thickness of approximately 2–3 mm (0.10 inch) of difference.

I want to go on record as saying that I have given up all hope of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities ever visiting this planet. Why would they? We are almost too fucking stupid to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment