Saturday, May 18, 2013

Liars and Those Who Tolerate Them



 

 

I can not listen to the network or cable news any longer.  I can't listen to any of it save Maddow. The lying Republicans, chiselers like Issa waxing moral, and the mealy mouthed Democrats sicken me in equal measure. 
 

It is the same thing every day. On one side we have the distortions of the Republicans, supported without question by the media for the most part. The IRS targeted Tea Party Groups, for instance. On the other, we have the cowardice of the Democrats. No one is asking for the results of those "targeted" investigations? Were these groups engaged in tax evasion or fraud, and is that why they were "targeted"? From the early part to well into the middle of the last century if your name ended in an "i" or an "o" and you belonged to "la famiglia" you were routinely "targeted" by the IRS for investigation - very often with good reason. I don't say this lightly. These were my people. Nobody called a hearing to investigate the investigations. I say to the Democrats, you are so busy cutting yourself off at the knees to earn the moral high ground, you no longer have a leg to stand on. GROW A SET!!!
 
For the record, don't get me wrong. I am not comparing the Tea Party to the Mafia. The Mafia is smarter, more subtle and better dressed. Most importantly they are not a cult. They are a highly organized and meticulous criminal business - one this society earned by the way. In my estimation, the Tea Party is a cult and has a cult like grip on our political institutions, one that no one in Washington or any other damn place seems to recognize.

Not so long ago I had some ass tell me that the Mafia is dead. I said, "Don't kid yourself white boy, all that exists does not go screaming in the streets."

No comments:

Post a Comment