Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Depth of Meaning

I guess that I am a cynic, but I don’t take people at face value.  For instance, I don’t think that Mike Huckabee loves God.  I think that he, like so many other clowns in the Rightwing clown car, is playing on the primeval fear of the ignorant to springboard to power.  This is extremely dangerous because it is this deep-seated fear that lead to the horrors of the Crusades, Inquisitions and Burning Times, to name but a few atrocities.  After much thought, I also don’t think that he is crazy.  I think he – like the rest of the parasites – plays crazy like a violin. 
I don’t think that people who, for instance, put firing ranges in their front yard in Florida are defending the 2nd Amendment, Freedom or Liberty.  I think they are selfish, recalcitrant and defiant children who haven’t enough inside of themselves to live as adults so they seize on the trappings of adulthood.  I don’t think they give a damn about anyone else’s Freedom or Liberty, much less comprehend that those things must be shared by all to be meaningful to any; and accordingly they aren't old enough to own a gun.

I don’t think that parents who fail to vaccinate their children are engaged in naturalism or thoughtful parenting.  I think they are lazy and that they are counting on the phenomenon of herd immunity to protect them.  Clearly they haven’t reasoned out the fact that such immunity is a percentage matter.  That is to say the fewer the number of herd members vaccinated, the less effective the immunity of the whole.  I can find no other explanation for people who even when idiotic theories are roundly disproven persist in adhering to them to the potential detriment of those same children. 

I will not accept government hating as mitigating in these situations.  I have seen too many of these “government haters” put their sticky hand out to collect the government’s largess or jump on the bandwagon, political or otherwise, to suck off her tit which is by the way our tit.

No this isn't about faith, ideology, principle or values.  This is about the use and often the abuse of people by other people whose depth of soul as National Lampoon once said, “…would scarcely get your feet wet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment