Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Come Again



If I am not mistaken, two things are true. First, following the loss of a case against the FEC attempting to overturn the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Bill, Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader of the Senate, headed to the U.S. Supreme Court with a brief supporting Citizens United v FEC. Five of his butt boys on the court rolled Citizens United over into law. Secondly, Mitt Romney in his current bid for the Republican nomination to run for the highest office in the land has used very little if any of his own money. He has relied instead upon his bloated PACs – a direct result of Citizens United.

Now we hear the Santorum campaign and to a lesser degree the Gingrich and Paul campaigns whining about being outspent in advertizing markets flooded with Romney money. I don’t suppose it has ever occurred to these imbeciles that the problem with rigging a game is that the other side, even the other side within your side, might just hang you in that rigging. With the precision of near boomerang Karma we now see the possibility that the base’s least acceptable candidate may well be the last candidate standing. I can’t overstate my nausea at never hearing our so called free press make this point when the sniveling starts from the Right.

I have said before, I will say again, Obama has no option but to use PAC money – not if he wants to be competitive in this race. Idealism is a wonderful thing. I have been an idealist all of my life, however, it won’t feed your kids, send them to school or put you in the White House. I am looking with great anticipatory enthusiasm to see President Obama thread Mitt Romney’s scrawny neck through his own party’s rigging.

No comments:

Post a Comment